HOLLYGLEN HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
(A Not-For-Profit Organization)
Article I. Name
The name of this association shall be the Hollyglen Homeowners Association, referred herein as the Association.
Article II. Objective
The objective and purposes of this association shall be:
a) To be a unified voice on issues which affect Hollyglen residents.
b) To monitor governmental and industrial activities for the purpose of intervening if such activities should have a negative impact on the Hollyglen community.
c) To gather and disseminate information on issues relevant to Hollyglen.
d) To be a non-partisan organization; therefore, we will not take part in party politics.
e) To hold a minimum of four general membership meetings per calendar year.
Article III. Membership
a) Membership shall be unlimited and consist of two types:
1) Active Membership (VOTING): A Hollyglen resident and/or homeowner, age 18 or older, with dues paid for the current year, may participate in all deliberations and activities of the Association and may vote on issues at General Meetings and serve on the Executive Board.
2) Associate Membership (NON-VOTING): A Hollyglen resident and/or homeowner who has not paid the current year dues and may attend meetings and participate in discussions, but has no vote and cannot hold an office in the Association.
b) Dues will be set by the Executive Board and approved by the voting members of the Association. Membership dues are for the calendar year and are due and payable as of January 1 of each year. One vote per paid membership.
c) Association member information shall be kept confidential and used for Hollyglen Homeowners Association business only.
Article IV. Executive Board
a) The Executive Board will consist of eight (8) to ten (10) elected officers plus the Past President.
2) Past President (prior year)
3) 1st Vice President
4) 2nd Vice President
7) Trustees –Minimum of three (3) and maximum of five (5)
b) The officers shall be elected by ballot at the Association’s annual February meeting and will serve for a term of one (1) year.
c) Vacancies occurring among the elected officers shall be filled by appointment of the Executive Board and serve only until the next annual election.
d) A member who is elected to public office shall be disqualified to serve on the Executive Board of this organization.
e) If any board member has three (3) unexcused absences from the board and/or general meetings, then the member may be removed at the board's discretion.
f) A quorum will consist of a simple majority of the Executive Board members including the following: the President or 1st Vice President and either the 2nd Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer plus any other combination of board members OR the President, 1st Vice President plus any other combination of board members.
Article V. Executive Board Responsibilities
a) Update the bank signature authorization card authorizing the current President, Secretary and Treasurer to sign Association checks. Only one (1) signature required.
b) Review and approve all communications using the name Hollyglen Homeowners Association and any positions the Association takes regarding issues affecting Hollyglen.
c) Meet once a month.
d) Should the Association dissolve, all monies and properties shall be donated to an Association sanctioned charity.
e) Trustees will perform a financial audit and present a report on the revenues and expenditures for the preceding calendar year at the annual February meeting.
Article VI. Executive Board Duties
1) Shall preside over all meetings.
2) Shall appoint committee chair subject to approval of the Executive Board.
3) Shall co-chair all committees.
4) Present agenda for each meeting.
b) 1st Vice President
1) Preside over meetings in absence of President.
2) Assist the President in carrying out his/her duties.
3) Be the focal point for ensuring that issues relevant to Hollyglen are presented at the general meetings.
c) 2nd Vice President
1) Preside over meetings in absence of President and 1st Vice President.
2) Assist the President.
3) Membership: be responsible for membership recruiting.
d) Past President
1) Provide counsel to the President and Executive Board members.
1) Take minutes at all meetings.
2) Read communications at all meetings.
3) Notify members of special meetings, place, time, and date.
1) Secure bank account for the Association.
2) Secure bank authorization cards.
3) Collect and deposit all monies in bank and update membership database.
4) Keep accurate accounting and substantiating receipts for all financial transactions.
1) Perform annual audit of bank records and/or property belonging to the Association.
2) Assist in setting up meeting place; provide for sign-in sheet.
3) Chair any committee as needed.
Article VII. Meetings
a) The Association shall meet regularly as specified in the Constitution.
b) The regular February meeting shall be the Annual Meeting for hearing reports from all of the officers and standing committees, and electing new officers.
c) Special meetings may be called by the Executive Board and committee meetings may be called by committees or the board at such times when advisable. Such special meetings may transact only such business as specified. Special meetings may not supersede regular meetings unless the regular meeting has been provided for.
Article VIII. Amendments
Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted only once a year, at the regular meeting which immediately precedes the Annual Meeting of the Association, and may be voted on only once a year, at the Annual Meeting. Proposed amendments must be signed by three (3) active members of the organization before being submitted, and shall be read at the regular meeting by the Secretary. Proposed amendments shall become part of the Constitution only if approved by two-thirds majority of the members present and voting at the Annual meeting. Approved amendment(s) shall become effective immediately.
Article IX Association Property
The Hollyglen Homeowners Association website and any other property obtained on behalf of the Association shall remain property of the Association.
Completely Revised: February 17, 2005
Signed: Rhonda Chatterton President
Signed: __________John Borden ___________________ 1st Vice President
Signed: ___________Cindy Parsons _________________ Treasurer
Signed: ___________Carol Wilbanks ________________ Secretary
Adopted April 16, 1991
Amended April 19, 1994 as follows: The words and/or homeowner added to Article III.
Amended January 29, 2004 as follows: Article VIII. Amendments
Previously: Any proposed amendment to this Constitution may be submitted in writing at any regular meeting of the Association. Such proposed amendment must be signed by three (3) active members of the organization before being submitted to the meeting, and shall be read at the meeting by the Secretary. After such notice, it may be voted on at the next regular meeting and shall become a part of the Constitution only if approved by two-thirds majority of the members present and voting at said meeting.
Changed To: Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted only once a year, at the regular meeting which immediately precedes the Annual Meeting of the Association, and may be voted on only once a year, at the Annual Meeting. Proposed amendments must be signed by three (3) active members of the organization before being submitted, and shall be read at the regular meeting by the Secretary. Proposed amendments shall become part of the Constitution only if approved by two-thirds majority of the members present and voting at the Annual meeting.